EDUC 750 Quiz 4
EDUC 750 Quiz Survey and Single Subject Design
EDUC 750 Quiz Mixed Methods and Evaluation Research
EDUC 750 Quiz Qualitative Research
EDUC 750 Quiz Quantitative Research
EDUC 750 Quiz Conceptualization, Measurement, and Sampling
EDUC 750 Quiz Ethical Research Conduct
- What did Kai Erikson purport about covert participation?
- A description that provides a sense of what it is like to experience a setting being studied from the standpoint of the individuals in that setting is referred to as a(n)_____ description.
- The primary means of recording participant observation data is:
- All of the following aspects were features of the Trackton and Roadville study except:
- In which situation would the potential for reactive effects be the greatest?
- In participant observation, educational processes are studied in a laboratory.
- Most researchers agree that voice recorders hinder the intensive interviewing process.
- Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of focus group members?
- Which factor was NOT mentioned in the chapter as a consideration in choosing a role in a study?
- In order to gather data, Heath became a (n) ____ in the setting of her study.
- Ethnographers study _____ while educational researchers study _____.
- A good researcher takes comprehensive notes while engaging in the field.
- Conversation analysis focuses on the stories that people are telling.
- Which statement is true about good qualitative data analysis?
- The process by which a qualitative analyst interacts with the data and gradually refines her focus is called:
- Calvin Morrill et al. (2000) classified narrative analysis into four types. Which was NOT one of these categories?
- The concept of “guilty knowledge” is an important ethical consideration for qualitative researchers.
- The accessibility of computer-based software has contributed to the rapid growth of video analysis.
- When does qualitative data analysis begin?
- A matrix facilitates the coding and categorization process of data.
- Which of the following is NOT a criterion for assessing for authenticity?
- Which of the following is NOT a mode of reading the text in qualitative data analysis?
- Morrill et al. (2000) classified narrative analysis stories along two different types and seven different dimensions.
- Which of the following types of data would NOT be analyzed in qualitative analysis?
- Which statement would NOT be included in an accurate description of ethnomethodology?