EDUC 703 Quiz Atlantic World
- Which culture was most isolated in the fteenth-century Atlantic world?
- The Niger River Valley had Islamic universities in the fteenth century.
- Which one of the factors below is not true of fteenth-century Europe?
- Luther was highly critical of those listed below except for which one?
- Luther proposed government-sponsored education.
- Which educational thinker had the strongest impact on Puritan education of New England?
- What philosophy of education did Ignatius Loyola propagate through the missionary efforts of the Society of Jesus?
- In South America, which Spanish settlement became a hub of learning in the sixteenth and seventeenth century, known by its universities, printing press, and economic strength?
- When King Afonso I of Kongo invited the Jesuit missionaries to his kingdom, what religion was he already practicing?
- What characteristic best describes Atlantic Creoles in the context of plantation culture of the New World?
- SHORT ESSAY: Choose one of the options below. Respond in a brief essay of one or two paragraphs (8 points).
OPTION 1: Describe how the doctrine of the “priesthood of all believers” inuenced the concept of mass education for all—male and female, rich and poor, nobility and commoners.
OPTION 2: What did it mean in the era of the Protestant Reformation to be a Christian Humanist and what impact did the Christian Humanists have on the philosophy of education?
OPTION 3: How does the life and work of Rebecca Protten serve as a model of social responsibility for educators?