EDUC 703 Quiz World War II & Politics
- What German philosophy of education became prominent in Finland?
- Who were the Finnebørn?
- Immediately after World War II, what opened up accessibility and opportunity to higher education more than ever before?
- The benets of the GI Bill were unavailable to African Americans until after the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
- Which president opened the U.S. Department of Education?
- Since the U.S. Department of Education was established in 1979, some politicians have called for its closing. What is the primary argument that they have used?
- What did the Morrill Land Grant accomplish for education?
- The National Defense Education Act was a response to what event?
- Sequence the items in chronological order.
- Match the president to the corresponding item.
SHORT ESSAY: Choose one of the options below. Respond in a brief essay of one or two paragraphs (8 points).
OPTION 1: What roles did John Dewey, Harold Rugg, and George S. Counts play in controversies related to public school curriculum and instructional
OPTION 2: After the Vietnam War, how has American curriculum changed in its portrayal of World War II?
OPTION 3: Compare Horace Mann and Lyndon B. Johnson regarding their beliefs about the societal impact of education.