EDUC 703 Quiz American Colonies & Revolution
- Match the description to the term that best represents it.
- What doctrine is credited with having planted a seed that mass education should teach literacy to every common person?
- Which educational thinker believed that human nature was not sinful but was basically good; therefore, children should be free to develop naturally with as little imposition from corrupt society as possible?
- Which university was begun by Presbyterians in reaction to concern that other universities were becoming too theologically liberal from the Unitarian inuence?
- The Older Deluder Satan Act required what action of townships in Massachusetts Bay Colony?
- Which example would best represent a meritocracy?
- The term praxis is best represented by which notion?
- Which statement best represents Scottish Common Sense Realism?
- Which of the options is not a commonality shared between Benjamin Rush and Thomas Jefferson?
- Who authored the Bill for the More General Diffusion of Knowledge?
- SHORT ESSAY: Choose one of the options below. Respond in a brief essay of one or two paragraphs (8 points).
OPTION 1: How did Isaac Newton and John Locke inuence Jonathan Edwards? Answer in a brief essay of one or two paragraphs.
OPTION 2: Similar to how Augustine and Aquinas synthesized Christian thought with idealism and realism respectively, how did Jonathan Edwards synthesize Christianity with Enlightenment ideas?
OPTION 3: Paraphrase the main tenets of Scottish Common Sense Realism, and explain their contribution to American politics, religion, and education.