PSYC 810 Quiz Collecting Data
PSYC 810 Quiz: Collecting Data
Covers the Textbook material from Module 5: Week 5.
- A convenience sample may serve which of the following purposes:
- Bogdan and Biklen’s (1992) questions concerning gatekeepers address which of the following questions:
- The interview protocol should include which of the following elements:
- Which of the following sampling approaches highlights what is normal or average?
- Creswell and Poth recommend gathering field notes first by observing as an ‘______’ and then by moving into the setting and observing as an ‘______’.
- Consent forms should provide all of the following except:
- According to Creswell and Poth, which of the following varies across approaches?
- For an ethnographic study, access typically begins with a gatekeeper.
- Qualitative data collection may include any of the following formats except:
- Case studies may involve multiple sites.
- Steps for interviewing include deciding on research questions, identifying interviewees, determining the type of interview, using adequate recording procedures, designing and using an interview protocol or guide, ______, determining the place for the interview, having the interviewee complete a consent form, and using good interview procedures.
- Institutional Review Boards conduct which the following:
- Creswell and Poth mention field notes in connection with which of the following aspects of data collection?
- Major forms of data collection include which of the following:
- Which of the following are steps in the data collection circle?
- All of the following are qualitative sampling strategies except:
- Which of the following purposeful sampling strategies aims to elaborate on initial analysis, seek exceptions, and look for variation?
- Which of the following purposes does homogeneous sampling serve?
- Grounded theory necessarily involves a single site.
- In a phenomenological study, participants must have experienced the phenomenon.
- Creswell and Poth recommend which of the following aspects of data storage:
- Politically important sampling serves which of the following purposes?
- Interviewing requires which of the following procedures:
- Grounded theory studies start with a homogeneous sample.
- Which of the following do Creswell and Poth pose as an ethical issue?