SOWK 135 Quiz 4,5,6,8
SOWK 135 Quiz: Medical and Geriatric Social Work Services
- All of the following are effects of Myria’s Christianity except…
- What is one of the biggest challenges with homeless patients?
- Which characteristic does not describe Mr. Smith?
- According to Adrienne in the video, part of her job as a geriatric social worker was
- While in the homes of patients, Kara tries to take the role of a ___________.
- True or False: Courtney’s grandfather influenced her life as a young child and set her life course.
- Which Supreme Court case gave Martha and those fighting for the rights of individuals with severe disabilities firmer ground from which to battle?
- True or False: Jon’s struggle with diabetes allowed him to understand his patients better.
- True or False: In the video, Stephanie discusses her particular role of hospital social worker as one who develops relationships with patients who continually return to the emergency room.
- Viktor Frankl’s logotherapy is a theoretical approach that focuses on how people can find meaning in their lives through love, work, and
SOWK 135 Quiz: Refugees and Immigrant Services
- Aurora educated immigrants that they _____ answer to an officer questions about where they were born.
- At their comité meeting discussed in the book, what did the group discuss?
- Aurora believes that social work has operationalized her spiritual gift of
- According to the PowerPoint presentation, social workers for refugees/immigrants are involved in all of the following except…
- What is Karen’s least favorite part of her job?
- Aurora’s mother noticed a sense of compassion in Aurora when she
- True or False: Refugees are a special population of immigrants.
- According to the text, Karen has helped refugees with all of the following except…
- True or False: With Aurora’s leadership, IRC led a statewide campaign that successfully defeated more than 80 anti-immigrant bills in the state legislature.
- What event in Karen’s life was a source of conflict within her family?
SOWK 135 Quiz: Criminal Justice, Workforce Development, Military and EAP
- How does David describe relationships that are redeemed?
- True or False: Behavioral change that happens quickly is often a reaction to external forces and not based in a real change in attitude.
- True or False: Tamika cared about her son, despite how frustrated she was with the poor choices Daquan had been making.
- David believes mental health services need to be better connected to families through which two institutions?
- Which is not a part of Job Prep?
- Ilene decided to try this new approach with JoAnn.
- To avoid “vicarious trauma,” Laura regularly processes her experiences by consulting whom?
- The focus of Irene’s Family Advocacy Program was to ___________________ in family violence and other challenges that families face when they have a family member in the military.
- True or False: According to the Air Force, Irene is a first an officer, then a social worker.
- In the video, Denise explained that as a private practice therapist, she worked with
SOWK 135 Quiz: Church and Mission Based Services
- True or False: Chanphen’s goal is to bring people to Jesus, not to bring Jesus to people.
- Chanphen emphasizes the importance showing God’s love by
- True or False: According to the video, social work is rarely seen in the church but is more a function of missions.
- Heather explains how missionaries serving in remote villages often had no concept of
- What changes has Chanphen been able to make in her organization?
- True or False: Heather discouraged the “American Denominational Model.”
- True or False: With the help of Heather and the church, Carlota was able to escape prostitution and find a job at a local grocery store.
- After quitting her job as a businesswoman, Chanphen started working as a
- What do Heather and her husband initially offer those on the street, in hopes that they will form relationships?
- Which is not a regular task for Heather?