PSYC 810 Quiz 7 Writing a Qualitative Study
PSYC 810 Quiz 7: Writing a Qualitative Study
Covers the Textbook material from Module 7: Week 7
- Weis and Fine (2000) posit that responsible writing considers which of the following questions?
- When a biographer begins with a key event in the life of a participant, and then works forward and backward from and to the event, which of the following methods are they using?
- Which of the following purposes does a logic diagram involve?
- Which type of quote did Richardson (1990) assert is difficult to use?
- For reporting a phenomenological study, Moustakas (1994) recommends including:
- Yin’s (2014) possible structures for composing a case study report include which of the following?
- Jane has conducted a grounded theory study of the process for making medical decisions about cancer treatment. What is the best end point of her report?
- A “key event,” described by Denzin (2001) as an interactional moment and experience that marks people’s lives, is called a(an):
- Tropes are an ethnographic writing structure.
- If you have to use a paragraph-long quotation, Creswell and Poth recommend that you:
- A funnel approach is a phenomenological writing structure.
- Case study reports involve a standard format.
- Creswell and Poth recommend using which of the following strategies when writing qualitative research regardless of approach?
- Tierney (1995) identifies which of the following potential audiences:
- Elizabeth conducted a qualitative study about children who were adopted from India. To address reflexivity, she included a section about her experience adopting a child. Which of the following elements are most important to include in her statement?
- The progressive-regressive method involves:
- Reflexivity relates to:
- Writing reflects the writer’s own interpretation.
- For which term does Creswell and Poth give the following description: “A good literary study in which the writing becomes ‘real’ and ‘alive,’ writing that transports the reader directly into the world of the study”?
- Which of the following does a confessional tale accomplish?
- According to Creswell and Poth, how might writing affect the participants:
- You have read a qualitative study about disadvantaged children living in a township in South Africa. Which of the following aspects of reflexivity should the author consider most?
- Examples of rhetorical devices that ethnographers may embed in their studies include:
- Qualitative authors should claim universal knowledge.
- According to Creswell and Poth, which of the following narrative elements did Chan (2010) use?