ENGL 300 Quiz 1 The Iliad
ENGL 300 Quiz 1: The Iliad and Classical Epic
Covers the Learn material from Module 1: Week 1.
- Why has Apollo sent a plague among the Greek forces at the beginning of The Iliad?
- What two warriors argue bitterly in Book I, taunting one another and promising to disgrace the other?
- What request from her son does Thetis convey to Zeus at the end of Book 1?
- Who does Hector urge to engage in the fighting once more when he comes back within the walls of Troy momentarily in Book VI?
- What is the purpose of the delegation that Agamemnon sends in Book IX?
- What is the difference between a primary epic and a secondary epic?
- How did Aristotle distinguish between the dramatic and epic forms?
- Which is the first recorded epic in world literature?
- Which is not a feature of the oral epic?
- Which character in The Iliad most upholds the importance of the domestic?