ENGL 300 Quiz 6 The Metamorphosis
ENGL 300 Quiz 6: The Metamorphosis and Literary Modernism
Covers the Learn material from Module 6: Week 6.
- Who comes to the Samsas’ house when Gregor is late for work on the morning of his transformation?
- Marx, Nietzsche, and Freud were venerated by Modernist authors for their ability to lay bare and expose the real from the apparent in their theories and writings. According to Paul Ricoeur, each were master practitioners of the
- What instrument does Gregor’s sister, Grete, play?
- What physical facial feature do the three lodgers who rent a room in the Samsas’ apartment share?
- Who continually taunts Gregor as an “old dung beetle”?
- Who was known as the “Father of Phenomenology”?
- Which medieval text is T.S. Eliot alluding to in the following quote and what dominant theme of Modernism is he expressing? “A crowd flowed over London Bridge, so many, I had not thought death had undone so many. Sighs, short and infrequent, were exhaled, and each man fixed his eyes before his feet.”
- Which of the following events was NOT a significant cause of unease and anxiety for individuals during the era of Modernism?
- What does Gregor’s father hurl at him, which becomes lodged in his back?
- How is “The Scream” by Edvard Munch representative of the era of modernism?