ARTS 105 Quiz 1 Liberty University
ARTS 105 Quiz: Understanding Art
- The __________ refers to a work’s array of intangible aspects: the emotional, intellectual, psychological, symbolic elements.
- The word art encompasses many meanings, including process. Which of the following is considered an artistic process?
- John Heyl Vincent was best known for his work with
- in a composition describes an attention-grabbing aspect that directs the viewer’s eye to a particular area, giving it visual or conceptual dominance.
- can be described as contrast and diversity. It is the counterpoint of unity. Juxtaposing various or contradictory elements in a composition adds interest, spontaneity, and the element of surprise.
- What term is sometimes used in place of the word modeling?
- Edward Weston’s Dunes, Oceano highlights the aesthetic possibilities of __________.
- In works with ___________, the lines are completed by the viewer.
- _____________ are formed when intersecting or connected lines enclose space.
- Horizontal lines suggest calm and _________.
- What role best describes the artist’s intention when creating the ShivaNataraja statue?
- Radiocarbon testing indicates that the earliest images made by humans date back to what period?
- Many still-life works attempt to capture what artistic element?
- In Albrecht Dürer’s woodcut The Draftsman Drawing a Reclining Nude, the draftsman is using a device to help him achieve the effect of ______.
- What type of work is Audrey Flack’s, Wheel of Fortune?
- What theory explains the purpose of the drawings and paintings found in the Chauvet cave?
- Who said, “All art is basically Paleolithic or Neolithic: either the urge to smear soot and grease on cave walls or pile stone on stone”?
- Where is the vanishing point in Leonardo da Vinci’s The Last Supper?
- What two basic visual cues are used to imply depth in the 18th-century Indian painting of Maharana Amar Singh and others watching musicians and acrobats?
- Art that moves is called ______ art.