RLGN 104 Worldview Paper
- Fulfill the requirements as listed above.
- Answer the following questions in 3 clearly separate parts (I, II, and III).
Part I: (50–100 words total)
What is a worldview? Define what the term “worldview” means. Use descriptive phrases to support your definition.
- Part II: (300–500 words total)
Articulate the biblical worldview (what is believed) for each of the following 5 questions. Support your biblical content with scriptural support. A minimum of 2 relevant Scripture references need to be included for each of the 5 questions below (do not write out the verses) to support why it is believed. Each of the 5 questions* must be answered in a separate paragraph.
- The Question of Origin – (What is the origin of the universe etc.? How did humanity come into existence?)
- The Question of Identity – (What does it mean to be human? Are humans more important than other living things?)
- The Question of Meaning/Purpose – (What is humanity’s purpose?)
- The Question of Morality – (What is meant by right and wrong? How is morality determined?)
- The Question of Destiny – (What happens when a person dies?)
*An overview of these specific worldview questions can be found in chapter 4 of Finding Your Worldview: Thinking Christianly about the World.
- Part III: (100–150 words total)
Choose 2 of the following questions below and answer them from a biblical worldview belief system. (Use Scripture to support your biblical content.)
How might/should a biblical worldview influence the way you…
- …think about, treat, and speak to others on a daily basis?
- …vote in local or national elections?
- …treat/interact with the environment and non-human creation?
- …decide on a future career (what you will choose and/or how you will carry it out)?