PSYC 750 Quiz Vision
PSYC 750 Quiz: Vision, Proprioception, and Movement
Covers the Learn material from Module 6: Week 6.
- The term color refers to ______.
- There are approximately ______ light receptors in the human eye.
- The ______ cell is a neuron in the visual cortex that responds best to a line or an edge with a particular orientation and will continue to respond if the line or edge moves within a limited range.
- Adjacent retinal receptors activate adjacent cells in the visual cortex, a phenomenon called a ______ map.
- Color constancy is the result of activity in ______.
- Humans see different colors because we have different ______.
- Wavelengths of light in the 500–570 nm range (just below the middle of the visible spectrum) would typically correspond with a report of seeing
- People with prosopagnosia often have ______.
- Which of the following statements is evidence of damage to the ventral stream?
- If a stroke patient can identify objects and faces but cannot tell if they are moving, he or she is showing signs of
- Mercedes is looking at her friend’s pictures on her smartphone. One of them is really blurry, but she still can tell who it is. What is missing from this picture?
- What would happen to a stroke patient who had damage to her V5?
- The secondary motor areas include the ______.
- probably contribute(s) to the cognitive deficits and dementia that sometimes accompanies Parkinson’s.
- The cupula consists of ______.
- Which structure is part of the basal ganglia?
- Myasthenia gravis can be caused by which of the following?
- People who lack a properly functioning vestibular system would not be aware of
- The receptive cells for the functions of the utricle and saccule are
- Compared to encapsulated receptors, free nerve endings ______.
- When looking at a slide of muscle and there are no bands or stripes, what type of muscle does it have to be?
- The expression “bite the bullet” refers to ______.
- If Rajeed took a drug that selectively interfered with the job of the utricle and saccule, he would be impaired in which of the following tasks?
- While Reggie, who is blind, learns to read Braille, he is relying on discriminations based on shallow responses from
- When Talia hears her uncle dismissing any placebo effect of pain relief as “all in the mind,” she can tell him he is wrong because