PSYC 676 Quiz Typical Brain
PSYC 676 Quiz: Typical Brain Development and Neurodevelopmental Disorders
Covers the Learn material from Module 5: Week 5.
- The concept that sparing of function follows infant brain lesions is known as the:
- A study of Romanian orphans showed that infants adopted at 18 months or older tended to have IQs that were _____ points lower than average.
- Hubel and Wiesel sewed a kitten’s eye shut for a time. After the eye was allowed to open again it:
- In humans, synaptic density is greatest at about age:
- Exposure to an enriched environment increases brain size. This size increase is related to each of these EXCEPT:
- Some cortical areas are myelinated as early as age:
- Some behavioral abilities do not emerge until adolescence because:
- Dendrite growth differs from axonal growth in that:
- The main changes in the visual system following monocular deprivation in kittens are seen at the level of the:
- The two events that take place in the development of a dendrite are _____ and the growth of dendritic spines.
- According to Epstein, the human brain exhibits several growth spurts. The last of these occurs at about age:
- In adults, aphasia develops about _____ percent of the time with right-hemisphere damage.
- The Geschwind–Galaburda hypothesis suggests that _____ is(are) responsible for an asymmetric development of the cerebral hemispheres in males.
- The Geschwind–Galaburda hypothesis proposes to account for all EXCEPT which of the following?
- The MOST likely cause(s) of cerebral palsy is(are):
- Impairments seen in children with autism in learning various motor skills and conditioned responses may be related MOST closely to abnormalities in the _____ of these individuals.
- Developmentally dyslexic individuals do particularly poorly on the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children test of:
- The ACID prole is characteristic of which learning disorder?
- The dictionary-like store of words in the brain is referred to as:
- Because reading is central to success in school _____ is central to the study of neurodevelopmental disorders.
- In Tallal’s study, normal individuals required interstimulus intervals of _____ milliseconds in order to tell if one or two tones had been presented.
- CSF is made by the:
- By adolescence, _____ percent to _____ percent of hyperactive children have begun to have problems with the law.
- Reading by sounding out the phonemes is termed _____ reading.
- Which is NOT considered to be a primary cause of reading disabilities?