PSYC 676 Quiz Researching
PSYC 676 Quiz: Researching the Brain
Covers the Learn material from Module 1: Week 1.
- Materialism is the philosophical position that all behavior can be explained by the:
- Apraxia is the inability to:
- The scientific discipline BEST associated with the development of intelligence tests is:
- The scientist who discovers how a unitary perception is made from multiple streams of sensory information will have solved the:
- Neuropsychology uses information from many disciplines. Which discipline is NOT one of those?
- With respect to the “mind–brain” problem, followers of Wallace and Darwin would MOST likely consider themselves to be
- Darwin’s principle that all animals’ nervous systems evolved from that of a common ancestor predicted that:
- Although all of the individuals listed made contributions to our knowledge of the lateralization of language functions in the brain, _____ is generally credited with the MOST important findings.
- Which of the following supported a cardiac hypothesis of behavior?
- The cortical area MOST closely associated with speech comprehension is the _____ lobe.
- Communication between cerebral hemispheres occurs via the:
- Early support for lateralization and localization of function came from postmortem studies of:
- The first hominids to walk upright probably appeared about _____ million years ago.
- Phenotypic plasticity accounts for:
- Variables that influence whether and how a gene is expressed do NOT include:
- The evolutionary adaptation by which juvenile features of predecessor species become the adult features of descendent species is:
- A phylogenetic lineage refers to a:
- Which of the following evolutionary sequences is correct, based on the phylogenetic lineage described in the textbook?
- Mammals with EQs larger than 1.0 would most likely have a _____ brain than is expected for mammals of that particular body weight.
- Modern chimpanzees and humans share about _____ percent of their genes.
- The MOST recent stage of hominid evolution has involved the:
- According to the textbook, the brain region whose growth is MOST associated with the evolution of modern humans is the:
- I made simple stone tools. I am about 2 million years old. Louis Leakey found me in the Olduvai Gorge. My name is
- The full set of a species’ genes is known as its:
- Genetic mutations are: