HIUS 313 Quiz: America’s Constitutional Roots
fModule 1: Week 1
- According to Kickler, in general, constitutions cultivate the rule of law?
- According to Kickler, the American Revolution was only a tax revolt?
- According to McClellan, American founders believed that the only hope for preserving liberty was offered by republicanism?
- The branches of the American form of government, as outlined in the US Constitution, are:
- According to McClellan, the most influential Continental thinker concerning the American founding was
- According to Kickler, what is justice’s prerequisite?
- What constitutes as the Bible of the English Constitution as identified by McClellan?
- A constitution can be unwritten.
- Prior to the British Constitution, all national constitutions were unwritten and informal?
- According to McClellan, the foundation of Anglo-American liberties is
- Why did the members of the Philadelphia Convention choose to write a new constitution instead of amending the Articles of Confederation? What were some of the reasons?