COUC 601 Exam 3
COUC 601 Exam 3 Liberty University
COUC 601 Quiz: Family Systems and Structures; Gender, Culture, Ethnicity
COUC 601 Quiz: Psychodynamic, Transgenerational, and Experiential Models
COUC 601 Quiz: Structural, Strategic, Milan Systemic, and Behavioral/Cognitive Modules
COUC 601 Quiz: Postmodernism, Social Constructivism, Psychoeducational Family Therapy
- Uncovering the relationship between behavioral deficits and the client’s interpersonal environment is called
- Behavioral therapy attempts to modify a client’s
- Diffused boundaries are
- Circular questioning is likely to
- Madanes contends that the basic tool of strategic therapists is
- Symmetrical escalation occurs when
- A counterparadox is essentially a
- Integrative couples therapy
- The unique psychotherapeutic contributions of the behavioral approach is:
- Albert Ellis employs the use of
- A complementary pattern of communication is based on
- All communication takes place at two levels-the surface level of content and the level which qualifies what was said on the surface level. The second level is called
- Behavioral couple therapists sometimes have partners list desirable behaviors each wants from the other, as a demonstration of commitment to the relationship. These are what is to be exchanged as part of
- Structural therapists emphasize
- Which of the following is not characteristic of “psychosomatic families”?
- According to the strategic model, quarreling couples who feel justified in responding to what each perceives as an attack from the other are each imposing his or her own _________________ on their interactions.
- Operant interpersonal therapy represents a blend of operant learning principles and
- “Prescribing the symptom” is a form of
- Systemicists usually assign rituals in the form of
- Hypotheses used by Milan systemicists are
- According to Aponte and Van Deusen, every family transaction makes a statement regarding
- A major characteristic of strategic therapy is
- Attempting to change the hierarchical arrangement between parents calls for
- Gottman’s research indicates three types of stable couples. Which of the following is not one of those types?
- As used by the Milan group, hypotheses are intended to convey
- Which of the following statements is true regarding structural family therapy?
- For Milan therapeutic intervention, family therapy begins with
- One tactic employed by Minuchin in treating anorectics is to
- Second-order changes call for
- Cognitive therapists work at three related levels. Which is not one of these levels?
- According to the textbook authors, behavioral family therapists often adopt an outlook that is too _______
- Making an effort to create greater psychological distance between enmeshed family members involves
- In disengaged families, boundaries are
- In the view of MRI family therapists
- Gottman calls four forms of negativity between marital partners the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Which of the following is NOT one of them?
- Cognitive-behavioral family therapists gather data using three forms of clinical assessment:
- In the original Milan format, the point at which the therapist leaves the consultation room to consult with colleagues is called
- A problem analysis
- By neutrality, the Milan therapist attempt to
- Haley believes every relationship contains within it an implicit struggle for
- In a stereotypical complementary interaction or relationship (best answer)
- An enduring set of core beliefs and attitudes that organizes subsequent perceptions is known as
- Who took the position that symptoms are strategies for controlling a relationship when other strategies have failed?
- Therapeutic double-binds
- Structuralists claim that dysfunctional families require
- The major characteristic of strategic family therapy is that the therapist
- Markman’s research on marital distress prevention found
- Which of Gottman’s four forms of negativity is insulting and abusive attitudes toward one’s spouse?
- Family mapping refers to the use of
- “He says he has to work late tonight. He’d rather be with someone else than me,” is an example of