COUC 601 Exam 2
COUC 601 Exam 2 Liberty University
COUC 601 Quiz: Family Systems and Structures; Gender, Culture, Ethnicity
COUC 601 Quiz: Psychodynamic, Transgenerational, and Experiential Models
COUC 601 Quiz: Structural, Strategic, Milan Systemic, and Behavioral/Cognitive Modules
COUC 601 Quiz: Postmodernism, Social Constructivism, Psychoeducational Family Therapy
- Object relations theorists believe the infant’s need for what influences the development of the self?
- In Satir’s classification of communication stances, blamers are considered to be struggling with feelings of
- Managed care programs have led to:
- Bowen studied families with schizophrenic members, especially their
- Bowen refers to development of severe dysfunction conceptualized as chronic anxiety
- Satir called her approach
- The therapist’s role in Gestalt Family therapy is to help clients
- Emotionally-focused therapists first try to
- One of the unique aspects of Boszormenyi-Nagy’s contextual therapy is his concern with
- Family Sculpting is a
- Object Relations Family Therapy emphasizes the basic human need for:
- The attempt to guide clients into unlocking dysfunctional patterns stemming from their family of origin is called
- Wynne’s concept of a rubber fence refers to
- Bowen’s concept of societal regression extends his view to
- Bowen stresses the role of theory for
- A holding environment is a key element in:
- Object Relations Family Therapy:
- When Beels and Ferber classified the leading family therapists in 1969, they distinguished two types, conductors and
- Satir suggests that people handle their communications with one another by playing one of five roles. Which of the following is not one of those roles?
- The “undifferentiated family ego mass” refers to
- Feminists have faulted existing practices as:
- Pseudomutuality refers to:
- One criticism of the double-bind concept is its:
- The greater the level of undifferentiation of the parents, the more likely they will rely on the _________________to stabilize the system.
- A spouse who projects undesired aspects of oneself onto a partner and then fights these characteristics in that mate is engaging in
- The study of paradoxes of communication in animals as well as humans is associated with the name of:
- Emotionally-Focused Couple Therapy is
- In a marital schism situation, each partner:
- In Bowen’s Differentiation of Self Scale, people at the low end are apt to lead lives
- Family therapy gained its initial legitimacy during the 1950’s by:
- In Whitaker’s therapeutic approach, it is essential that the therapist win the battle for
- Genograms help shed light on
- In Satir’s view, symptoms
- The group therapy technique whereby a stage is utilized and the patient acts out significant life events in front of an audience is called:
- Ackerman used the term _________________ to describe several disabilities within a family which depend on each other for expression or control.
- The primary survival triad, according to Satir, refers to
- The developers of Emotionally-Focused Couple Therapy are
- Sullivan emphasized all but one of the following as emerging from early mother-child relationships. Which one does not belong?
- All except one of the following can be considered to adhere to an experiential model. Which one does not belong?
- The Family Life Chronology is essentially
- Experiential therapists are especially critical of rational thought in the way of
- A high degree of family fusion may result in: (best answer please)
- The fundamental curative factors in psychotherapy, according to Whitaker, are
- Emotionally-Focused Couple Therapy
- According to Whitaker, the battle for initiative must
- By “tickling the defenses” Ackerman:
- According to Bowen, the basic building block in family’s emotional system is the
- Bowen referred to a family’s way of reducing stress and maintaining stability as its
- According to Ackerman, when change and growth within a family system becomes restricted reflects
- One highlight of Framo’s approach is the ability to lead a couple through several treatment stages. From the list below, which is one of these stages?