ARTS 105 Quiz 3 Liberty University
ARTS 105 Quiz: Drawing, Sculpture, and Installation
- What drawing material was the predecessor of the graphite pencil and was especially popular during the Renaissance?
- What part of the pen determines the quality of the line (thick, thin, even in width or variable, coarse, or flowing)?
- The ________ are credited with the invention of paper around 105 C.E.
- Chris Ofili used what medium in his work, Prince among Thieves with Flowers?
- Because this 20th-century artist dated most of his drawings over the course of his lifetime, we have nearly a complete visual record of his mind at work.
- Carved in a broad style of plain surfaces and subtle modeling, Colossal Head is thought to represent ________ rulers.
- was developed by ancient Greeks as a naturalistic pose for sculptures of the human figure.
- Casting is known as a(n) ________ method.
- What is a characteristic of relief sculpture?
- How is high-relief sculpture different from low-relief sculpture?
- In sculpture, what is the most popular modeling material?
- ________ is a sculptural process of bringing together individual pieces, segments, or objects to form a sculpture.
- Which of the following concepts conceives of a space and everything in it as a work of art?
- The subtractive process involves:
- Andy Goldsworthy uses ________ materials to create sculptures that are ________.
- Sculptors will often create a “sketch” out of ________ to test ideas before proceeding to their medium of choice.
- The coloring material in virtually all drawing media is known as:
- Serpent Mound and Spiral Jetty are known as:
- The artworks of Christo and Jeanne-Claude are intended: