Liberty RLGN 330 Discussion 1 Answers
Topic: The Adult Learner
Question/Prompt: After reading Chapters 15–18 of The Teaching Ministry of the Church, respond to the following questions:
- What will it take to get parents to become the teachers of spiritual truths to their children?
- Explain why teachers need to vary their teaching methods when teaching children.
- After reading the “Characteristics of Youth Ministries that Produce Spiritually Mature Adults,” which characteristic is lacking most in your own church? What could you do to improve this area?
- Evaluate your church’s generational profile. What proportion of adults fits into each of Barna’s generational divisions? How does this affect the way you teach the adults in your church?
Reply Prompt: In your response posts, you must include the following:
- In which areas do you agree and/or disagree with your classmate’s answers? Explain.
- Are there any statements which require clarification? Explain.
- Identify at least 1 presupposition in your classmate’s thread, and explain why you agree or disagree with his/her presupposition(s).