PSYC 651 Quiz Module 6
PSYC 651 Quiz: Performance Management Leadership
Covers the textbook material from Module 6: Week 6.
- A feedback gap occurs when managers avoid giving constructive feedback and employees avoid seeking it.
- Time, activity, and situational constraints often keep managers from observing an employee’s performance regarding developmental activities.
- Coaches who use a persuading style often try to sell what they want the employee to do.
- Coaching is a day-to-day function that, among other things, involves observing performance and complimenting good work.
- Documentation of employee development can include memos, letters, e-mail messages, handwritten notes, comments, observations, descriptions, and evaluations provided by colleagues.
- When documenting employee performance toward developmental goals, only document the positive progress that the employee is displaying.
- One effective way to give praise is to comment on the absence of the negative, for example, by saying, “not bad” or “better than last time.”
- Cultural transvergence refers to the applicability of performance management systems across cultures.
- Successful coaching requires that the coach only consider the employee’s life at work to ensure effectiveness.
- The term “actionable feedback” refers to feedback that can be used by the HR department to allocate bonuses.
- Coaching consists of which of the following behaviors?
- is the coaching behavior that involves rewarding an employee’s positive performance.
- Feedback on performance should be all of the following EXCEPT:
- Please choose the statement below that correctly lists the steps in the coaching process.
- Employees who engage in a _____________ response may blame others for performance deficiencies, stare at the supervisor, or raise their voice.
- Giving insincere praise may lead to:
- How should a supervisor handle defensiveness?
- Which of the following is not one of the five pitfalls associated with the disciplinary process?
- Which of the following is a good suggestion for documenting performance in a useful and constructive way?
- Which of the coaching styles is the best?
- Documentation of employee performance is important because (of):
- What is the goal of feedback?
- What is a feedback gap?
- When should a decision-making leave not be used?
- To combat defensive responses, supervisors should try all of the following EXCEPT: