PSYC 651 Quiz Module 1
PSYC 651 Quiz: Performance Management System
Covers the Textbook material from Module 1: Week 1.
- All of the following are characteristics of an ideal performance management system EXCEPT:
- All of the following are possible benefits of a performance management system EXCEPT:
- All of the following are purposes of a performance management system EXCEPT:
- All of the following are related to the changing nature of performance management EXCEPT:
- An ideal PM system is __________, which means that performance is evaluated and feedback is given on an ongoing basis, the appraisal meeting consists of two-way communication, and performance standards are clear.
- An ideal performance management system is correctable. What does this mean?
- Current factors that are bringing about changes to the performance management process include all of the following EXCEPT:
- Dangers of a poorly implemented performance management system include all of the following EXCEPT:
- In what manner is performance management typically similar around the world?
- In which country should performance management be adapted to the country’s unique culture?
- Information gained from the organizational maintenance purpose of a PM system is used for all of the following EXCEPT:
- Linking the organization’s goals to individual and team goals helps reinforce behaviors that will help with organizational goal achievement and communicates the most crucial business initiatives.
- PM system information is important for the effective implementation of which of the following HR function(s)?
- Performance management systems in foreign subsidiaries often differ from those in home country headquarters as differences in the power distance (i.e., the degree to which a society accepts unequal distribution of power) increase between/among countries.
- Performance management systems should be thorough, meaning that:
- The ___________ purpose of PM systems is to furnish valid and useful information for making employment decisions including salary adjustments, promotions, and terminations.
- The ____________ characteristic allows employees to receive concrete guidance about what is expected of them and how they can meet those expectations:
- The current consensus amongst most employees (as reported by the CEB) is that performance review systems are helpful in improving their productivity.
- The meaningfulness characteristic of performance management systems includes all the following EXCEPT:
- The performance management system should link to other human resources and development activities EXCEPT:
- The strategic purpose of PM systems involves constructing the strategic vision for the organization.
- Unfair performance ratings are the main problem with performance management systems.
- When employees of an organization do not see the PM system as fair, the organization may witness from its employees all of the following EXCEPT:
- Which of the following does the text identify as a possible danger of a poorly implemented performance management system?
- is a continuous process of identifying, measuring, and developing the performance of individuals and teams and aligning performance with the strategic goals of the organization.