HIUS 313 Quiz: The Philadelphia Convention
Module 3: Week 3
- As revealed in McClellan’s book, how many of the 55 delegates to the Philadelphia Convention had also been members of the Continental Congress?
- According to McClellan reflecting on the ideas of James Madison, which form of government is America NOT?
- According to McClellan, Alexander Hamilton desired to make states as mere agencies within a national government.
- As revealed by Dr. Roberts and McClellan, the majority of delegates at the Philadelphia Convention were judges and lawyers.
- According to McClellan, the Constitution proposed at the Philadelphia Convention was a new concept of government in global politics.
- According to McClellan, the Philadelphia Convention was a spirited and raucous meeting, with delegates harshly disagreeing and forming longtime political divisions.
- As revealed in McClellan’s book, which delegate chaired the committee assigned to draft the Articles of Confederation?
- According to McClellan, per period definition, the government created by the founders, under the Article of Confederation, was a federal government?
- As discussed in McClellan’s book, the American government was created a national government in which the states had limited power?
- As discussed in McClellan’s book, the Connecticut Compromise gave all States equal representation in the House and apportioned representation in the Senate.
- Discuss the Committee on Style, its purpose, and what it accomplished as presented by Dr. Roberts.