EDUC 810 Quiz 4 Mixed Methods and Evaluation Research
- What type of design is characterized by collecting quantitative and qualitative data, analyzing them separately, and comparing the results of see if the findings confirm or disconfirm each other?
- What is a reason a researcher may choose to use a mixed method design?
- What type of design is characterized by first collecting quantitative data, analyzing the results to plan phases two, then collecting data from a purposeful sample for more in-depth information?
- What do mixed methods researchers needs to consider when choosing/designing their study?
- Related to the example on page 243 of Creswell, what mixed method design does the researcher use a social justice theory as his or her framework for the study?
- In 200 – 300 words, describe the challenges mixed methods can pose for the researcher and how such challenges may be mitigated.