CSTU 220 Quiz: Education and Health
Covers the Learn material from Module 5: Week 5.
- In the Sweatt and McLaurin cases of 1950, the NAACP evidenced a shift in the direction of what innovative tactic, which represented an important departure from earlier efforts?
- The White Citizens’ Councils which sprang up in many southern states were formed primarily with which goal in mind?
- Which president desegregated the armed forces and issued an executive order requiring fair employment in the federal service?
- How did public schools in the North differ from those in the South?
- Explain the background and significance of the landmark Supreme Court Case, Brown v. Board of Education in 1954. In what ways was it a transformative moment for African Americans, and in what ways did it fail to bring change to education for African Americans?
- Who became the first African American to win the Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts to end the Arab-Israeli War of 1948?
- Which scholar, the second black man to receive a doctorate in history from Harvard University, is known today as the Father of Black History?
- The novels of George W. Henderson and George W. Lee both focused on black life in
- As lawyers in the 1930s and 1940s, Thurgood Marshall and Charles Hamilton Houston adopted all of the following tactics EXCEPT
- What Supreme Court case did Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka Kansas overturn in 1954?
- Who were the Little Rock Nine?