CSTU 220 Quiz Christian Response to the Civil Rights Movement
Covers the Learn material from Module 6: Week 6.
- Charlie Cobb of SNCC originated what concept which was put into practice in Mississippi during the Freedom Summer of 1964?
- With regard to its origins and organization, the Montgomery Bus Boycott
- Who gained national renown in 1964 as an unseated MFDP delegate for the testimony she offered about the personal violence she suffered while trying to exercise her constitutional rights?
- Which executive secretary of SCLC was also known as the “political and spiritual midwife” of SNCC?
- After winning the affiliation of more than 80,000 voters, the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
- Which element was added to the repertoire of protest during the Albany Movement of 1961 by Bernice Johnson Reagon and others?
- Which member of CORE became a counselor to Martin Luther King, Jr., introducing him to the thought of Mahatma Gandhi and advising him on nonviolence?
- What motivated Martin Luther King Junior to write “Letters from a Birmingham Jail” in 1963? Who is the letter addressed to and what prompted this particular letter?
- According to Bryan Loritts, how do multiethnic churches strengthen Christianity and the message of the Gospel in today’s society?