CJUS 702 Midterm Liberty University
The Midterm Essay will require you to respond to 1 broad based question. You must format your essay as you would a formal paper, following the guidelines set forth for papers in this course. To adequately respond to the question, you will need to write at least 10 pages (not including the title-page, abstract, and reference pages.) Ensure you apply correct APA format, in-text citations, and include your Christian world view application with biblical in-text citations. The essay is open book/open notes.
Midterm Essay Question:
The authors of Juvenile Justice: A Guide to Theory, Police and Practice discuss the four main theories that have been developed that attempt to explain offenses by and against juveniles.
Please choose two of these theories to analyze against one another. As you write your essay answer this series of questions:
- Explain each theory.
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the theory?
- What is the relationship between the theory and practice?
- Is there any evidence to support the theory and delinquency causation?
- How is the theory critical to the understanding and control of delinquency?
- Which theory do you think does the best job of explaining the causation of delinquency and why?
- Do not forget to review the grading rubric