CJUS 400 Test 2
CJUS 400 Test 2 Liberty University
CJUS 400 Quiz: Accomplices, Inchoate Crimes, Homicides, and Freedom Limitations
CJUS 400 Quiz 1 Criminal Law Fundamentals, Limits, Responsibility, and Defenses
CJUS 400 Quiz: Crimes Against Persons and Property
CJUS 400 Quiz: Substance Abuse, Terrorism, and Other Specialized Crimes
- What are procedural due process claims under the Fourteenth Amendment based on?
- Which of the following is NOT true of the crime of solicitation?
- Which of the following is TRUE of aiding and abetting?
- Regarding euthanasia, what most accurately reflects how it is treated legally?
- True threats can come in which of the following forms?
- The U.S. Supreme Court established important guidelines to define obscenity in the famous case of .
- Where a criminal charge is based only on a communication, most courts have applied the “fighting words” doctrine only where the communication is made .
- Which of the following is NOT one of the questions that always arises when considering preliminary offenses?
- What has the Supreme Court ruled in recent cases regarding sentences of life imprisonment without parole for juvenile defendants?
- What is true about the “born alive” requirement?
- In which of the following situations could the doctrine of imperfect self-defense apply to manslaughter?
- ??? Why did the Supreme Court hold in Blakely v. Washington that the sentence was invalid under the Sixth Amendment? 0 out of 2 points
- Why did the Supreme Court uphold the use of corporal punishment in schools in Ingraham v. Wright?
- Which of the following was TRUE of the death penalty at the time the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights were ratified?
- In United States v. O’Brien (2010) the Supreme Court stated that a fact was a “sentencing factor” only if it was not
- Which if the following is NOT true of true threats?
- Anti-cruising laws are examples of laws that might be challenged as violations of .
- Which of the following BEST describes the Pinkerton rule?
- Why did the Supreme Court strike down the capital punishment sentence in Ring v. Arizona (2002)?
- Many states have imposed higher standards for “fighting words” when they are directed at whom among the following?
- Which is an accurate description of the doctrine of transferred intent?
- Which of the following is TRUE of a common design?
- Under which of the following rules can all involved be punished when a number of people have a coordinated scheme to do an unlawful act?
- How do U.S. courts and legislatures today define the scope of the felony murder rule?
- Which of the following would be an example of speech that fails the clear and present danger test?
- Why are preliminary crimes not always present when an underlying crime occurs?
- Anticipatory crimes are commonly referred to as
- Which of the following types of loud speech and loud noise is NOT among those types that cities and states can forbid?
- What is MOST correct about how U.S. states today classify the crime of manslaughter?
- Which of the following is TRUE of the Cruel and Unusual Punishment Clause?
- Which of the following actions would result in a defense to a conspiracy charge that is recognized and provided by the Model Penal Code?
- Which of the following is NOT protected by the First Amendment to the Constitution?
- The crime of conspiracy is of the preliminary crimes.
- All new death penalty statutes provide for which of the following?
- How many states permit law-abiding citizens to carry concealed handguns?
- Which of the following is TRUE of bad thoughts by themselves?
- What must be proven to convict someone of voluntary manslaughter?
- Which of the following is TRUE of the right to assemble?
- Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes announced which of the following doctrines in the 1919 case of Schenck v. United States?
- Under the “deadly weapon” doctrine, what factor does a jury NOT consider during a murder trial to determine whether an object was a deadly weapon or not?
- Which of the following principles has the Court used to evaluate the constitutionality of a challenged punishment?
- hich of the following is true about Oregon’s Death with Dignity law?
- Which of the following is always required by the corpus delicti rule in criminal cases?
- Which of the following accurately reflects a reason for a conviction of manslaughter rather than murder?
- Which of the following is TRUE of Furman v. Georgia?
- Which of the following MUST occur in a stalking case before the federal stalking statute would kick in?
- States often have which two types of solicitation statutes?
- Which of the following is almost always true when a person who has formulated the intent to commit a crime, but has taken no actions in furtherance of the crime?
- Which of the following was included in cases with convictions of involuntary manslaughter?
- Which amendment did the Supreme Court cite in their decision in Ingraham v. Wright?