Recruitment of qualified law enforcement of underrepresented groups especially females, continues to be a concern affecting large and small police departments. It would be necessary to take a closer look and what works and what does not work. In this day and age of community policing, it aids in the constant pursuit of more positive relations of the police departments and the community they are representing. Moreover, the different sets of skills and abilities that qualified females could bring to the agency would contribute, in a positive manner, how the department relates and serves its community.
You will write a research paper about a selected topic in justice administration and how it relates to a specific management, administration or leadership issue involving the operations of police, courts, corrections or other criminal justice organizations.
This assignment has 3 parts:
A specific criminal justice topic will be chosen and submitted to the instructor for approval by the end of Module/Week 3.
Your outline will be created and submitted by the end of Module/Week 5.
- Research Paper-Final Paper:
- Body is at least 8 pages (double-spaced)
- a title page and reference page
- at least 10 web-based, scholarly/academic-quality sources
- at least 2 verses of Scripture related to the topic
- Include how the research affects your approach to justice administration.
- Information for this paper should come from peer-reviewed articles, scholarly works, government websites, justice administration agency websites, the Bible, and other online academic-quality/scholarly sources.
- You may use college textbooks as supporting references, but they will not count for grading purposes.
- Review the Research Paper Grading Rubric for further guidance on the papers content and direction.
The final paper will be submitted thru Safe Assign and utilize current APA formatting. It will be submitted by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Monday of Module/Week 7.