AVIA 505 Quiz: Aviation from the Wright Brothers to the 1930’s
Covers the Learn material from Module 1: Week 1 — Module 2: Week 2.
- The Wright Brothers historic flight of the first powered, controlled airplane occurred on which of these dates:
- The 1920’s and 1930’s is often referred to what name in general aviation history?
- What was the significance of the Civil Aeronautics Act of 1938?
- Who helped create Pan American World Airways and the airline that later became known as TWA?
- What was the name of the airplane flown from New York to Paris in the first solo trans-Atlantic flight?
- What was the result of the Air Commerce Act of 1926?
- Which of the following items is Henry Ford known for in terms of his contribution to aviation?
- Who was the American WWI pilot referred to as the “Ace of Aces”?
- Who was the first woman to earn a pilot’s license in the United States?
- General Jimmy Doolittle, a well respected aviation leader, was known for his excellent leadership characteristics. Which of the following is representative of Doolittle’s leadership?