THEO 202 Short Essay 2 Liberty University
Anthropology: Marriage and Divorce
Your friends Tom and Jane, both believers, are facing a hard time in their marriage and want to consider their “options.” However, before making a life-altering decision, they want to get the proper perspective on the issues involved and see what the Bible says. They know that you are a student of the Word, and they ask you for help.
Keeping this scenario in mind, answer the following questions in your essay:
- What is the biblical teaching on marriage? Include requirements and limitations.
- When does the Bible consider a couple married? How does this differ from the current popular understanding?
- What is the biblical teaching on divorce? Does the Bible (especially the New Testament) allow divorce? If so, what are the grounds for divorce, and how do they differ from what you witness in current society?
- What are some objections to your view on divorce? Include the biblical evidence used against your view. How do you respond to the objections?
- Is it ever acceptable for a Christian to remarry? If so, under which circumstances is it permissible?
- What is the spiritual and social impact of divorce in the church and in the society at large?
This assignment is due by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Monday of Module/Week 4.