PSYC 815 Quiz RM-ANOVA
PSYC 815 Quiz: RM-ANOVA
Covers the Textbook material from Module 4: Week 4.
- When is a post hoc approach, trend analysis used?
- It is not possible to have a mixed subject ANOVA design.
- A repeated measures ANOVA is by design a ____________ study.
- Trend analysis is a post hoc procedure that allows a researcher to assess the shape of a graph of means on a dependent variable produced by the conditions of the independent variable. These shapes can have theoretical meaning. For example, a significant downward straight line of means can show an important pattern of a steady decrease on a dependent variable that is caused by conditions of an independent variable. Which one of the following terms represents a U or V shaped graph of means?
- A researcher wants to determine if treatment A is as effective as treatment B. Therefore, a study is designed in which 10 participants are assigned to treatment A, 10 participants to treatment B, and 10 participants to a control group who will not receive any treatment. Scores will be obtained before and after the treatment, and the groups compared to one another to see if there are differences. Would this study be appropriately measured using the repeated measures ANOVA design?
- What is the independent variable in this study?
- What is the operational definition of the independent variable?
- What is the dependent variable in this study?
- What is the operational definition of the dependent variable?
- What are the Shapiro-Wilk Sig. values for the four groups?
- Do the Shapiro-Wilk Sig. values suggest there is a problem of normality with one or more of the four distributions on the dependent variable?
- The ominubus null hypothesis is H0: μProg.A = μComp.Prog.B = μComp.Prog.C= μComp.Prog.D. Which symbolic conclusion of the results is correct?
- Is there a significant difference in user friendliness of the computerized statistical program based upon the different computer programs?
- The results of the comparisons of pair means using the Least Significant Differences shows that the pairs that were significantly different (α = .01) from each other are:
- What is the independent variable for this research scenario?
- Based on the information given, what is the operational definition of the dependent variable?
- Using the established parameters in the scenario and SPSS outputs on the Mauchly’s Test of Sphericity table, would the researchers retain the Ho regarding whether or not there is a constant pattern of variances and covariances? Why or why not?
- What is the Mauchly’s Test of Sphericity significance level?
- Using the RM-ANOVA results, what is the F statistic and significance value? Based on these, would we accept or reject the null hypothesis?
- Using the RM-ANOVA results, how would you write out (report) the results of the F statistic results? [Hint: F(…..)]
- Considering the Pairwise Comparisons, what should be determined based on the information given? Which variables, if any, are significantly different from one another?
- How would you interpret the findings of the SPSS outputs based on the research question and hypothesis?
- Based on the information given, write an appropriate alternative hypothesis (narrative) for this research project.