NBST 520 Research Project
NBST 520 Research Project Liberty University
Students will write a paper on Michael Bird’s, Four Views on the Apostle Paul, not to exceed 15 pages in length, double spaced. In the paper the student will do five things:
- Introduce the book to the reader, identifying the contributors and assessing their perspectives and qualifications to write on the subject;
Briefly summarize the perspectives and central thesis of each contributor;
- Choose one perspective with which the student has the most agreement and describe his/her reasons why this perspective makes the most sense.
- Choose one perspective with which the student has the most disagreement and describe his/her reasons why this perspective makes the least sense.
- Based on the student’s reading of, and interaction with, the various perspectives in the book, briefly describe his/her own understanding of Paul’s perspective on the four key areas each contributor addressed, identifying where his/her perspective has changed, if at all, after reading the book:
- Significance of Christ
- Paul’s basic theological framework
- Paul’s vision for the church.