Home » Downloads » HIUS 222 » HIUS 222 Historical Case Study Quiz
HIUS 222 Historical Case Study Quiz
- How many people were killed in the Great Strike of 1877?
- What role did the federal government play in the Great Strike of 1877?
- Which city suffered major fire damage as a result of the strike?
- Where did the 1877 Strike begin?
- Was Allan Pinkerton, founder of Pinkerton Detective Agency, sympathetic to or critical of the plight of tramps?
- What newspaper argued that if strikers continued to be violent, “the remedy of bullets and bayonets should be applied to them”?
- What did Frank Bellew’s cartoon compare railroads to in 1874?
- What did Albert Parsons advocate?
- Who killed Bill Veeck’s plan to buy the Philadelphia Phillies in 1943 and stock the team with black players?
- What award did Jackie Robinson win in 1956?
- Who visited the Manhattan School for Boys with Jackie Robinson in 1959?
- What did Jackie Robison tell Robert Kennedy in May 1961?
- Jackie Robinson won the 1947 Rookie of the Year Award.
- Who gave a speech to the “One Hundred Percent Wrong Club” in 1956?
- Jackie Robinson told Branch Richey in a 1946 letter that he was not under contract with any team in the Negro Leagues.
- What did Jackie Robinson start doing in 1949 that Branch Rickey had asked him not to do before?
- Jackie Robinson participated in the March on D.C. in August 1963.