ETHC 323 Discussion 5
ETHC 323 Discussion 5 Liberty University
Topic: After Nietzsche
Always read critically! Be mindful that the textbook authors have their own idiosyncratic perspectives. Typically they are naturalist, but not Christian. You are exploring the secular mindset in which public policy is conducted.
Answers to the following question require that you be succinct. This means you have to analyze and critically distill the essence of the reading. Imagine that you have only 5 minutes to explain your answer to the President of the United States. Both details and inaccuracies are your hazards in this situation.
Answer the questions from Richter, Why Be Good? but use the ideas from other required readings, where appropriate, to support your answer.
- Could philosophy as practice by people such as Derrida have moral value?
- Are happiness and virtue inseparably connected?
- Choose to answer only one of the following:
- Do you believe that women and men tend to think differently about ethics (elaborate on your answer using the ethics of care)?
- Explain O’Donovan’s metaphysical/theological concerns the biological and psychological issues involving transexualism.
- Can evangelicals support the Black Lives Matter philosophy (use both the Zach’s article and the video Race and the Church #4)?