CSIS 208 Quiz 2 Liberty University
- The exponential notation used in Visual Basic is exactly the same as standard mathematical notation. (T/F)
- What will be the contents of the variable x after the following statement is executed?
x = Math.Sqrt(((9 + 7) / (4 * 2)) + 2)
- Which statement prompts the user for a name and then assigns the name to the string variable strName?
- What will be the output of the following statement?
Text = (1234.56789).ToString(“N3”)
- A numeric variable that has not been assigned a value has the default value zero. (T/F)
- What is the data type of 6D/3D?
- Assume that x, y, and temp are Integer variables. Which of the following lines of code swaps the values of x and y?
- An assignment statement is used to assign a value to a variable or property. (T/F)
- What is the correct syntax for displaying the value of the String variable myString in a text box?
- A statement of the form dblVar = intVar is a narrowing assignment statement. (T/F)
- Which of the numbers below is equivalent to 0.000017489?
- The Trim method is used to remove all blank space before and after a string. (T/F)
- The value returned by InputBox is a string. (T/F)
- The Substring method is used to extract a portion of a string. (T/F)
- What value will be assigned to the numeric variable x when the following statement is executed?
x = 2 + 3 * 4
- What is displayed in the title bar of the message dialog box by the following statement?
Show(“This is a test.”, “Test”)
- The following statement is valid. (T/F)
Dim x As Double = 3,542.36
- When declaring a variable that will refer to a submarine, a good name for the variable is sub. (T/F)
- Suppose you are 20 years old, num is an integer variable, and the statement
num = 1 + CInt(InputBox(“How old are you?”)) is executed and responded to? What will be the output of txtBox.Text = num & ” years old”
- The following statement assigns 6 times the value of y to x. (T/F)
x = 6y