COSC 501 Discussion 3 Liberty
Providing your client with an informed consent document at the first session is mandated by all state counseling boards. To complete this thread,
- search for “professional counseling informed consent form.”
- Download and read 1 sample of a counselor’s informed consent form from any of the agencies listed from your search.
- Compare and contrast the content of the informed consent to the recommendations of the American Counseling Association (ACA) Code of Ethics and your state board rules/regulations.
- Then, search for “school counseling informed consent” and look at sample informed consent forms used by school counselors in K–12 settings.
- Compare and contrast the content of the informed consent to the recommendations of the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) Code of Ethics and Department of Education regulations.
What differences and similarities do you see with regard to the ACA and ASCA Code of Ethics and informed consent, if any? What differences do you see in the 2 written informed consent forms for each setting (e.g., content, length, dissemination)?