CJUS 381 Homeland Security Report Liberty
- Conduct a homeland security assessment on your hometown or current county, city, town, or base of residence (You may choose any location you wish actually.) If you live in a large metropolitan area you may choose to scale the assessment down to a manageable size such as a district, ward, precinct, etc. (Feel free to contact the instructor with any questions you may have).
- Identify homeland security (emergency management) stakeholders who are involved in emergency management.
- What potential hazards both natural and manmade exist?
- Conduct research to identify hazards and ways to mitigate these hazards (recommended sites are FEMA, IAEM, NEMA, Department of Homeland Security, and State and Local Government sites such as your state’s Office of Emergency Management. In Virginia it would be the Virginia Department of Emergency Management. You are encouraged to visit their website as well.).
- Prepare a report outlining these factors related to your assessment:
o Identify homeland security (emergency management) stakeholders
o Identified hazards (all hazards)
o Risk management and preparedness issues
o The elements of disaster response, recovery, and incident command
o An evaluation of the application of other country responses and policies as applied to your assessment location. Is it feasible?
o Recommendations for your assessment location (county, city, etc.) should take to mitigate, prepare, and respond to the most significant hazards you identified.
o Biblical perspectives regarding mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery.
- The report should follow APA guidelines. All sources must be properly cited. A minimum of 4 sources are required and each must be cited in the text of the report. The report must be at least 1500 words. This assignment is due by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Friday of Module/Week 8.