PSYC 815 Quiz ANOVA Applications
PSYC 815 Quiz: ANOVA Applications
Covers the Textbook material from Module 3: Week 3.
- Which one answer below best describes when a one-way analysis of variance is used in a statistical analysis?
- A multivariate ANOVA has:
- Which of the following data diagnostics statistics measures whether there is equality of variances and error variance across groups?
- A researcher uses five effect sizes from previous studies similar to the one the researcher wants to conduct to identify an a prior effect size to use in an a prior power analysis. The research calculated an average effect size of the five similar studies and all five studies used different sample sizes. Which one of the following description best reflects what the researcher used in the calculation of the five studies’ effect sizes with different sample sizes?
- Which one of the following is not true about the post hoc power value called Observed Power on the IBM SPSS ANOVA results output.
- One can compare the post hoc power to the a priori power and assess how close the predicted power is to the actual study power.
- A confidence interval provides information about the probability that a given interval will encircle the true difference between the population means at a probability level that is determined by the study alpha level.
- What is the independent variable in this research problem?
- What is the dependent variable in this research problem?
- What is the operational definition of the independent variable?
- What is the operational definition of the dependent variable?
- Follow the steps in chapter 7 to conduct an a priori power analysis using G*Power for this research problem using f = .60, α = .05, Power = .80, and the number of groups is 3. According to the G*Power analysis, what total sample size is needed to achieve an acceptable power value of equal to or greater than .80?
- After assessing for univariate outliers (Hint: Do not split file) for the total COSE scores, what was the highest positive and highest negative z-scores?
- Using the criterion in the book to consider if a z-score represents a significant univariate outlier, are there any univariate outliers among the total COSE raw scores?
- Please assess the skewness of the total COSE scores for the three age group categories. Which answer below best reflects the zskewness values (rounded 3 decimal places) for the age group categories of 20-30 years old, 31-40 years old, and 41 + years old?
- Are the skewness values problematic suggesting that we have not met the normality assumption using the criterion identified in the book?
- Considering the alpha criterion we are using for this example, α = .05, which statement below best reflects the Shapiro-Wilk findings?
- What are the means (rounded 2 places) of the participants’ COSE scores for each of the three age group categories?
- Considering the alpha criterion we are using for this example, α = .05, which statement below best reflects the Levene test finding?
- The omnibus null hypothesis is μ20-30 yrs. = μ31-40 yrs = μ41+ yrs. The one-way ANOVA analyzes if there are significant differences among the means on the COSE scores of the three age groups. Which one of the following reflects the symbolic results of testing the omnibus null hypothesis?
- There are no significant differences among the means on the COSE scores across the three groups.
- The magnitude of treatment effect associated with the one-way ANOVA is on the output as partial eta squared and it is η2 = .186. One way to interpret this post hoc effect size is to say that 18.60% of the variance in COSE scores can be attributed to the age groups. Another way to interpret the η2 = .186 is to use Cohen’s convention for eta squared. Which one of the following is the correct interpretation from Cohen’ convention?
- The Tukey HSD post hoc analysis looks for differences in all possible pairs of means. Refer to the results in the Multiple Comparisons table and the means in the Descriptive Statistics table. Remember that the Multiple Comparison table indicates significance and the Descriptive table tells you lower and higher means by groups. What answer below best reflects the findings.
- What are the values on the Shapiro-Wilk statistic output for the age group categories of 20-30 years old, 31-40 years old, and 41 + years old?
- What is the value on the Levene test statistic output across the age group categories?