COUC 504 Quiz 5 Liberty University
- Racial differences should
- According to research, individuals of African descent often describe themselves as
- An individual who is immersed in many of the beliefs, practices, and values of their own culture would be considered __________ on the acculturation continuum.
- Which of the following is the most accurate description of the “one drop rule?”
- Gays and lesbians of African descent often face
- In the U.S., African American men have a lower life expectancy than African American women.
- The historical labeling of slaves’ motivation to run away as Drapetomania
provides one example of why some African Americans continue to distrust the mental health field.
- Grandmothers rarely have a central role in Black families.
- Black families were frequently dissolved by the sale of members to slaveholders on different plantations.
- When diverse clients test a counselor to see if the counselor can be trusted, they generally pay attention
- Most counseling theories adopt an _____ locus of control and _____ locus of responsibility for clients; however, multicultural clients may have different configurations of control and responsibility.
- John, a White counselor, is challenged by his Black client: “You can’t help me. You ain’t black. You have no idea of my reality.” John should
- The unemployment rate for Blacks in the U.S. is substantially higher than the rate for Whites.
- An External locus of responsibility implies that a person ascribes _____ as having primary blame for what happens in his/her life