BMAL 602 Quiz 3 Management
BMAL 602 Quiz 3: Management and Leadership in the Nonprofit
- According to Collins, this type of leadership exists when the leader has the power to simply make decisions.
- A board of directors is interviewing individuals for a CEO position of a nonprofit organization. The directors want to ensure the person they hire has the personality that matches the organization’s mission. The board members want to ensure:
- The type of leader that listens, empathizes with others, and focuses on relationships is a:
- Nonprofit CEOs spend the majority of the time on the external activity of:
- The responsibility mostly concerned with day-to-day operations, and with making things work, is called:
- An organizational leader who changes his leadership styles based on the particular circumstances of a situation is practicing:
- One of the benefits of strategic planning is that it helps build wide consensus and common understanding about mission, vision, values, goals, and strategies. That benefit is sacrificed if:
- Staff and volunteers are what part of a nonprofit’s capacity?
- The vision statement is:
- This identifies the characteristics, values, perceptions, expectations, and concerns of stakeholders, including clients or customers, donors, and relevant government officials.
- Marty is holding a meeting with his staff and volunteers to solicit their ideas for organizational improvement. Marty is applying which type of capacity as described by Letts?
- This is a technique used by business firms to determine it their various programs, products, and services are in line with their strategies and goals.
- Yankey and Willen would describe decreased government funding as a(an) _______ driver of collaboration.
- Each of the terms below refers to a type of nonprofit-corporation relationship except
- Forrer states a key characteristic of collaborations is that they:
- The C.O.R.E Continuum identifies relationships that affect organizations’:
- As the economy improves, probably returning ultimately to a higher level of prosperity, pressures for nonprofits to collaborate and merge:
- A proposed merger of two nonprofit organizations failed because senior leadership focused on self-interests. This proposed merger failed due to:
- La Piana Consulting defines a relationship between a nonprofit organizations and a public corporation that is simple and not permanent as a(an):
- Which assessment tool is meant to determine an organization’s success in accomplishing its mission, or program effectiveness?
- One disadvantage of SROI is that:
- Nonprofit managers should be committed to performance measurement but:
- The CEO of a nonprofit organization is conducting a study comparing the costs of conducting a fundraising program to the amount of funds raised. The CEO is conducting a(an):
- Many nonprofits have voluntarily adopted _____________
provisions as a way to assure their donors that they are operating with high integrity, transparency, and sound governance.
- This concept was developed as a way for businesses to obtain a balanced perspective on performance by combining financial data with other considerations.