INDS 491 Quiz Interdisciplinary Research Questions and Covey’s Second Habit
Covers the Learn material from Module 2: Week 2.
- In the early stages of the research process, you need to narrow your topic and turn it into a ___________ that will guide further inquiry.
- According to Covey, individuals should be spouse-centered.
- How does Repko defines multidisciplinarity?
- According to Repko, “adhering to integrative process” is an element of interdisciplinarity.
- Which of the following are not criteria that Myers and Haynes give developing an interdisciplinary research question?
INDS 491 Quiz Methodologies and Rationales and Covey’s Fourth Habit
Covers the Learn material from Module 5: Week 5.
- Which of the following is not a type of primary research?
- What do Stokols, Misra, Moser, Hall, and Taylor not claim affects the effectiveness of an interdisciplinary team?
- Quantitative data can be analyzed numerically.
- Qualitative data is analyzed by a method called “coding.”
- According to Covey, which option for conict resolution is best?
INDS 491 Quiz Interdisciplinary Disciplines and Covey’s Fifth Habit
Covers the Learn material from Module 6: Week 6.
- Who “long ago implied that the sciences and humanities need each other”?
- The social sciences and humanities are usually more integrated than the physical sciences.
- Scheff suggests that encouraging scholars to become __________ after their specialization would encourage integration and a more holistic perspective.
- According to Scheff, “Most disciplines . . . consider their particular specialization to be valuable in itself and superior to other disciplines.”
- According to Covey, which of the following is not an autobiographical response?
INDS 491 Quiz Research Proposals and Covey’s Sixth Habit
Covers the Learn material from Module 7: Week 7.
- According to Tait and Lyall, a “good interdisciplinary researcher will also have a high tolerance for
- You shouldn’t choose a research topic that interests you because you will be biased.
- According to Covey, the “essence of synergy is to value differences.”
- Compared to single discipline projects, what preliminary phase do interdisciplinary research projects need to go through?
- Which of the following is a model of interdisciplinary research proposed by Tait and Lyall?
INDS 491 Quiz Interdisciplinarity and Covey’s Seventh Habit
Covers the Learn material from Module 8: Week 8.
- Which of the following is not a benet of interdisciplinary research?
- According to Covey, which of the following is not one of the four dimensions of renewal?
- According to Nissani, “lnterdisciplinarity is best seen as bringing together very similar components of two or more disciplines.”
- According to Nissani, “[A] discipline can be conveniently dened as any comparatively self-contained and isolated domain of human experience which possesses its own community of experts.”
- According to Nissani, interdisciplinarity is especially good because insights from one discipline can always be applied to items of knowledge from other disciplines.