INDS 400 Quiz: Interdisciplinarity and Covey’s First Habit
- Which of the following is not a contextual factor that influences your research?
- What does a proactive focus do for the circle of influence?
- What does the textbook say writing teachers call the different preferences inherent in different disciplines?
- How many disciplines are required for a research project to be concerned interdisciplinary?
- According to Nissani, which of the following is a criterion for interdisciplinarity?
INDS 400 Quiz: Interdisciplinary Research Questions and Covey’s Second Habit
- How does Repko dene multidisciplinarity?
- Which of the following are not criteria that Myers and Haynes give developing an interdisciplinary research question?
- According to Covey, individuals should be spouse-centered.
- According to Repko, “adhering to integrative process” is an element of interdisciplinarity.
- In the early stages of the research process, you need to narrow your topic and turn it into a ___________ that will guide further inquiry.
INDS 400 Quiz: Interdisciplinary Research Process and Covey’s Third Habit
- If you cite a journal article in your research, you are doing primary research.
- Covey says that people should spend more time in Quadrant II than they do.
- If you include primary research in your project, who collected the data?
- “_______ entails going straight to the resource [being studied] to answer your research question.”
- If you were to analyze Moby Dick in a research project, you would most likely be doing secondary research.
INDS 400 Quiz Methodologies and Rationales Covey’s Fourth Habit
- What do Stokols, Misra, Moser, Hall, and Taylor not claim affects the effectiveness of an interdisciplinary team?
- Which of the following is not a type of primary research?
- Quantitative data can be analyzed numerically.
- According to Covey, which option for conflict resolution is best?
- Qualitative data is analyzed by a method called “coding.”
INDS 400 Quiz Interdisciplinary Disciplines Covey’s Fifth Habit
- Who “long ago implied that the sciences and humanities need each other”?
- The social sciences and humanities are usually more integrated than the physical sciences.
- Scheff suggests that encouraging scholars to become __________ after their specialization would encourage integration and a more holistic perspective.
- According to Covey, which of the following is not an autobiographical response?
- According to Scheff, “Most disciplines . . . consider their particular specialization to be valuable in itself and superior to other disciplines.”